shana rosenberg

in loving memory..

Friday, January 20, 2006

Shana "Shay" Rosenberg

.


Much loved daughter of Stuart and Connie rosenberg and fiance Jason Lee Baca, whom she planned to marry on october 7, 2006, died suddenly and unexpectedly in her sleep, in her home, at about 4 am, on january 14, 2006, with a smile on her face.

Shana was born on July 21, 1973 in Steubenville, Ohio and grew up in Swampscott, MA. She moved to Santa Fe, NM in 1992 to attend The College of Santa Fe, where she studied Costume Design. With that background, she went on to open her own business on the Plaza, Espana Y Mas II, with her partner Carmel Archuleta.

Although she battled juvenile diabetes since the age of 5, Shana always exuded a sense of positivity that was not only contagious, but respected and appreciated by anyone who was lucky enough to be touched by her presence. Her love for people was enormous. She was a friend to everyone. Shana had a heart full of forgiveness. she never held a grudge and with this extaordinary attitude, she was able to share her gift of reverence for the world.

She also loved animals especially her dog, james dean and her three cats. In addition, her passions included: art, music, clothing, jewelry, dancing, writing poetry, and recognizing the importance of angels and fairies in this world.

Another passion of shana's was laughing. One of her most memorable gifts was her vibrant laughter that filled the room with so much joy. The world was happier with Shana in it.

She is survived by her loving parents, grandmothers, many aunts, uncles, cousins and many, many friends, as was evident by the more than 200 persons attending the funeral.

In addition to her passions, she had a very close bond with her mother, Connie, father, Stuart, and her fiance, Jason. They were friends and soul mates and compadres in every aspect of their lives, through thick and thin. She will be missed in every moment.




Shana and friends, Krista and Julie, as Charlie's Angels.
















"Goodbye my friends. I love you all very much."

8 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much Saggy.
    Shana never ran out of love. She had so much to give, it seemed endless. I don't think others can fully understand what Shana meant to me. Just like I know I'll never know what she meant to everyone else. She was my own personal friend. I can't really explain what I mean by that. She was a friend that I didn't have to share. The kind of friendship we have was something that I didn’t have to explain. We didn’t travel in the same group or have a lot of superficial interests in common. We just were two girls going through the same "girl stuff". I always felt like she knew me. Not because I told her about me, but just because she knew. I don't think I'm making a lot of since, but in my life of pretty faces and mindless chit chat, I miss my one friend who always saw through my fake smile and my "I'm good" and knew the feelings that I was really going through. WHERE ARE YOU SHANA? I miss you my beautiful, BEAUTIFUL friend. Why did you choose me? You just decided that we were going to be friends and that was that. You would always tell me “white light, just envision white light." YOU ARE MY LIGHT. And I hope that you radiate from me so others might know just how beautiful you were and always will be.
    Always in love,
    Marlena

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger at large in santa fe said…

    shana loved watching american idol. she wouldn't miss an episode. she'd vote like crazy for the contestant she liked best and confer with her friend, robert, about who was "the best" singer. if robert disagreed, there was usually a long, friendly debate about who was "really the best." if her favorite was voted off, she would be distraught, in a light-hearted way, for the whole next day. she'd even buy the albums of the singers she liked best.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shana loved watching the lifetime channel. she would watch it at least several hours each day, especially when getting ready in the morning. she would leave it on for her dog, james, when she was away, so he wouldn't eat the furniture in the house. the lifetime channel went off the air for several weeks after shana passed. coincidence? it has since been put back on the airwaves.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shana love the color purple, so much so that she even dyed her hair purple. the official color was "eggplant." it was dark red in hue, with hints of purple, not "punk purple." over time, the purple would fade into the dark red.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger at large in santa fe said…

    good news about shana's 3 cats. they are finding homes with her friends. marlena will be taking tabatha, jason will be taking yuki, and angelique has moved next door with stu and connie.

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad Shana's cats have found loving homes. I was so worried about them. James Dean was so happy to see Angelique at Stuart and Connie's and she is becoming so sociable. I think Shana would be so pleased that Jason has Yuki and Marlena has Tabitha.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shana's favorite holiday was haloween, she would plan for months in advance, complete with costume and event. sometimes she would wear one costume for work and another for going out at night. even though she didn't trick-or-treat, she really loved being out and in costume. in 2004, she and shaggy went as shaggy and velma. last year she went as a fairy for work and had planned to go as playing cards with jason, but was, unfortunately, a bit too sick to go out.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was shocked to see the picture of us as Charlies Angels. I've looked @ this sight now & again,but am struggling, like the rest. Trying to find the right "happy , angel" path. She touched us all, & I hear we are all finding our "direction" No, not coincidence.---A direct result of having the honor of knowing such a wonderful person, for however long. Wow, I put my pictures in storage 2 months ago.......and just saw this for the 1st time since. thanks for putting it on...........it really shook my foundation and the light on my path is now a little brighter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home